Google+ Goat's cheese, spinach and tomato quiche |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Thursday 27 June 2013

Goat's cheese, spinach and tomato quiche

Today I decided to make a quiche. Here's the basic recipe goat's cheese and watercress quiche which I made last time. Instead of watercress, today I used 160g of spinach and added some cherry tomatoes. Why not experiment with different ingredients - according to what you have in the fridge.
For this quiche, when you pre-cook the spinach, let it cool, then squeeze out the moisture. The cherry tomatoes went into the oven (while it was heating up) for 10 minutes to extract a bit of moisture.
I noticed a lot of the recipes mix the finely chopped spinach in with the egg/cream mixture. I decided to arrange the spinach over the base, alternating with the goat's cheese as I didn't fancy the look of a speckled green quiche. So what's the verdict?
Well I was impressed the quiche didn't go soggy, which was my main worry. The pastry case pulled away from the tin slightly because I only let it rest in the fridge for five minutes - I was trying to save time!! You should give it at least 15 minutes. Other than that, this was a lovely combination. What I like most is it looks like a cheese and tomato quiche - until you cut into it. What a lovely surprise when you discover the spinach.
If you dislike goat's cheese, you could always swap this for ricotta cheddar or whatever your favourite cheese may be.
I'm not sure about the number of calories but would estimate 400-450 per 1/6th. As this will form the main part of a meal and be served with a very large salad, we don't mind this occasional treat. We continue to eat whatever we fancy and our weight remains stable, keeping the weight off. I used to avoid foods like quiche when I was 'yo-yo dieting'. Not any more. Eating a good balance of any food, has been key to our weight loss success.

REMEMBER: We all have a calorie allowance - do you know yours?
We began our weight loss journey in January 2011 - and began our blog in June 2011. Here's a link to the first post. (here's the link).
We like to post our main meals to show you what CAN be eaten. You won’t find us posting every last morsel though – but we hope this gives you an idea of how far calories can go! I'm currently going through the photographs and replacing them with more website friendly versions which will allow the blog to load quickly. 
Read about our UNIQUE METHOD of weight loss and find out how you can lose weight eating the food you love.
Copyright © forget dieting forever, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...