Google+ Fish in breadcrumbs |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Monday 24 June 2013

Fish in breadcrumbs

Another busy day and I fancied fish and chips. It would have been so easy to nip over to the chip shop and resolve the issue. But we've already had a couple of takeaways recently, so I thought I would make my own fish.
A trip to the supermarket was the deciding factor - fresh looking haddock fillets at an attractive price!This photograph shows around 120g of haddock, which I cut into four pieces. Once coated in breadcrumbs and baked, that equates to around 250 calories. I had some pre-prepared frozen breadcrumbs sitting in the freezer, which helped to make this fish in breadcrumb recipe very quick and easy to prepare. Note: As I cut my fish into four pieces, it took less time to cook in the oven - around 15 minutes in total (turn half way).
Instead of lemon zest,
I added some piri-piri spice to the breadcrumbs - just enough to give it a kick. I served my fish with tartare sauce and a squeeze of lemon. A few new potatoes, a side salad and slice of bread and butter ensured I was full without taking in too many (excessive) calories. I can't quite describe how tender these chunks of freshly prepared fish tasted. This was not stodgy or heavy, just crunchy and light.

REMEMBER: We all have a calorie allowance - do you know yours?
We began our weight loss journey in January 2011 - and began our blog in June 2011. Here's a link to the first post. (here's the link).
We like to post our main meals to show you what CAN be eaten. You won’t find us posting every last morsel though – but we hope this gives you an idea of how far calories can go! I'm currently going through the photographs and replacing them with more website friendly versions which will allow the blog to load quickly. 
Read about our UNIQUE METHOD of weight loss and find out how you can lose weight eating the food you love.
Copyright © forget dieting forever, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...