Google+ Tandoori chicken |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Friday 30 March 2012

Tandoori chicken

I took the skin off half a chicken and marinated this in a good quality tandoori paste, with a little lemon.  Some pastes suggest mixing with yoghurt then coating the meat, but I leave the yoghurt out.  I use less that way, and I like the cleaner taste.  The paste contains enough oil to keep the chicken moist, which is why I can remove the skin first.

We ate this with new potatoes, rocket and parmesan salad and some sweetcorn/beetroot and coleslaw.  It was delicious and filling, and perfect for eating before our meander to the pub.  The meal is again around about 500 calories in total, so there's plenty of room for beer!!  What more can we ask on this beautiful sunny day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...