Google+ I fancy chips tonight! |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Tuesday 3 January 2012

I fancy chips tonight!

This is what I fancy tonight - my own home made oven chips!  These are delicious if you want carbs with attitude.  Simply cut up some potatoes, coat in a good olive oil and place on a greased baking tray. I think these are great, as they do not contain any additives etc, just REAL potato and oil.  Sprinkle with a little salt and bake in a moderately hot oven.  I cook ours for around 30-40 mins. 

Here's what a 250g portion looks like. Heavenly. The calories are quite low - just 250 cals for the potatoes and using 2 teaspoons of olive oil at 80 calories, that's 330 cals total.  It's about using fresh ingredients and these really are full of flavour.  Add a fried or poached egg and maybe some beans, or mushrooms.  Cheap and tasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...