Google+ Tastebuds |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Tastebuds

I wonder if my tastebuds are changing? Or - am I back to my question about salt and the body's way of finding its own salt balance??

For lunch I had smoked salmon and scrambled egg with a slice of granary toast. All easy and simple to prepare. But, this is the second time the salmon has not hit the spot for me. I have loved this dish, but recently I'm finding it difficult to eat. Odd. It reminds me of how I've gone off olives, crisps and salami - once some of my favourite choices. Perhaps smoked salmon is now too salty for me too?

We are generally eating freshly prepared foods, adding our own salt to each dish. I've found that when exercising in particular, and with sweating, the loss of body salt can leave me to want salty food. But the more we cook from scratch, the less we crave salt.

I love salmon, and think I may stick to poached or roasted salmon rather than smoked salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...