Google+ What a difference a day makes! |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Thursday 28 July 2011

What a difference a day makes!

Last Thursday our weight loss was going very well and we both experienced new lows. After a Friday pizza followed by a gourmet weekend, I had gained a ¼ lb and my partner was annoyingly the same weight as the previous Monday (our official weigh in day). I felt any gain was temporary, and I was right. This morning we are both so much lighter and could once again be challenging that new low we saw last week.
I would imagine all the fluctuations are mainly caused by water retention or release. The glycogen stores, which is where the body goes for its initial energy, stores fat in water, about 1 part fat to 3 parts water, and I think this is where a lot of the fluctuations come from.But the large drop today seems to confirm we may be eating things that accelerate weight loss. As we are experimenting, I am keeping an eager eye on our food intake. Interestingly we didn’t get to go for a long walk after work.
Whatever, we are encouraged by the prospect of seeing our lowest weight once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...