Google+ What I am eating today |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Monday 13 June 2011

What I am eating today

Yet another magical diet. There must be thousands out there. All promising wonderful things, and all written in such a way that you believe everything. I noticed a full page spread about a celebrity who had recently lost enough weight that the two pictures really showed a difference. What comes next? A book or dvd about it. The success is there for all to see. The mystery is about to be revealed. We are all waiting in anticipation, waiting to hear how they did it, waiting for the magical potion, magical food combination, answer to thinness. While we wait we have another cheeseburger, we stock up on our favourite snacks in readiness. You can step off the merry-go-round, and face up to reality.

I've lost 20 lbs in 20 weeks without following someone's diet. I was honest with myself for just one day, and was amazed at just how much I snacked. I love food and love eating. I eat whatever I want to and the weight is slipping away gradually. I have freed myself from the awful relationship I had with food, and I now view eating in a totalling different way.

Today I am going to eat the following - bearing in mind that this is one of my 4 days of being good.

Ham and eggs for breakfast.
Croissant as a mid morning snack - because I want one.
Tuna and potato salad, as I particularly love this combination (see previous blog pages for recipe).
Chicken casserole with dumplings, potatoes and veg. Scrummy homemade stuff from the freezer.

I am also planning to go for a long walk today, so the 3 or 4 miles will be added to my calorie bank, which is about 100 calories per mile. I don't need to go mad in a gym, but just take some fresh air, enjoy the scenery and WALK. I caught a glance of my ankles in the mirror just now, I smiled as they are looking a little slimmer. I thought I was stuck with fat ankles forever!

When I get time I will put the chicken casserole recipe up. It is so delicious and comforting, that I can't wait to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...